A tennis court renovation, a cooling tower replacement, and an informal outdoor classroom construction are among Physical Plant-Facilities projects this summer.
Physical Plant-Facility’s capital projects will include:
- Comprehensive Energy Phase 10 – LED lighting upgrades to Exley Science Center and other efficiency measures.
- Tennis Court Renovation – replacing half the courts and repairing the other half as a partnership with the City of Middletown.
- The RJJulia Wesleyan Bookstore at 413 Main Street.
- 116 Mt. Vernon – Renovate and convert to Shapiro Writing Center.
- Renovations to selected science offices and facilities
- Informal Learning and Outdoor Classrooms – improvements campuswide to refresh underutilized spaces and enable collaboration and study as well as provide additional outdoor classrooms
Highlights of major maintenance projects to be completed this summer are:
- Olin Library’s “envelope” renovation — parts of the building that physically separate the exterior environment from the interior environment.
- HighRise – new fire alarm system.
- Center for the Arts Studio North and CFA Theater – electrical transformer replacements.
- Steamline replacement along South College
- 200 High Street – replace all roofing.
- Hall-Atwater – replace perimeter roof over third floor.
- South / North College Connector – replace second floor windows and first floor fixed glass panels and doors.
- Central Power Plant cooling tower replacement – expanding chilled water capacity for campus by 30 percent.
Accessibility projects addresses this summer include the replacement of the accessible ramp on the north elevation, the south entrance to Exley Science Center and the Office of Admission’s patio.